Mirror. Signal. Career manoeuvre. Check.
Splend was created to give people from all walks of life the freedom to earn an income through driving. We’re looking for ambitious people, ready to join our journey and make a difference in people’s lives.
We take great pride in our teams, who are as diverse as our members. We’re an industry-leading company looking for ambitious leaders who want to define the future – not just for on-demand driving, but for all of our members and each other.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Head of Fleet will have full responsibility of Splend’s Australia Fleet, including the purchasing, disposal, service maintenance and repair. The Head of Fleet will act as a subject matter expert for all things vehicle, provide feedback and support to the local operations teams, and ensure we operate a best-in-class fleet management service through use of smart technology, data analytics and Splend’s in-house platforms. The role will be based in Darlinghurst, and may require travel to our Member Support Centres across Australia.
Like so many companies, we have had to adapt to the new COVID normal. If anything, this has increased attention on technology, recognising the critical role it has to play to drive responsible growth, enabling smarter operations and a connected consumer experience.
- Develop, lead and nurture Splend’s fleet team to deliver exceptional performance
- Manage the acquisition, replacement, disposal and logistics of the Splend’s fleet to agreed delivery KPI’s
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs are carried out as per schedule, in line with agreed pricing and monitor post repair performance.
- Ensure warranty repairs are carried out as required and in a timely manner, reducing off road time
- Coordinate with Operations Managers any replacement vehicles for drivers where vehicle is off road
- Provide recommendations for lowering vehicle-operating expenses and increase utilisation.
- Monitor and enforce all vehicle operation policies and systems
- Liaise with vehicle selling agents to identify the best disposal channel for vehicles to be sold and monitor sales cycle and sales performance
- Regularly review and update vehicle fleet related policies.
- Ensure accuracy of vehicle data in Splend’s fleet system
- Provide fleet performance reporting to Key Management and Branch Operations Managers, providing relevant advise as to improving fleet operational performance at a branch and national level
- You love to build things that make a difference and remove needless inefficiencies
- You understand the bigger picture and are innately curious about the details
- You relish the opportunity to own and solve a problem end to end, designing, delivering and supporting fleet processes & systems that impacts our members and our teams day in day out
- You are stronger with your team and your team is stronger with you and you learn and grow together
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a fleet operations leadership role
- Strong stakeholder management expertise, both internally and externally.
- Highly desired experience working with various internal databases, analysing raw data, creating reports, working with visualisation and dashboard tools such as Tableau.
- Have a strong working knowledge of vehicle mechanics and vehicle repair
- Have experience in using Microsoft Excel, G-suite and other online customer and asset management systems.
- Have a clear understanding of the rules and regulations of the Australian motor industry.
- Previous experience working with fleet policy and vehicle leasing agreements.
- Previous experience with vehicle auction and direct retail sales as part of disposal process would be advantageous.
- Be able to multi-task and think on your feet.
What's in it for you?
- Working in a rapidly growing, dynamic company, we'll give you the opportunity to display your strengths in one of Australia’s hottest industries.
- You'll become an integral part of tight knit, dynamic and diverse culture where your voice is heard.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to learn and grow your career
- You’ll receive a remuneration package which will be consistent with your level of experience.
Further company details: https://www.splend.com/careers/